Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to OTI!!

If you're viewing this message, you either forgot to log in, or you are viewing this site for the very first time. If you are part of the latter, we kindly ask you to sign up and be part of our close-knit community. OTI isn't like most sites; this isn't a site where you recognize someone as, "Oh, just that douche who posts in that thread all the time and only plays Space Invaders and The Guy Game." We are like a family here, and we'll be damned if there's a closer-knit community than ours.

We assure you, you won't be disappointed.

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
IRC Chat Room
Topic Started: Nov 4 2010, 12:26 AM (3,496 Views)
dbull620
Member Avatar
That Guy

Alright, I've created an IRC chat room for us to chill out in. It's very easy to join the chat room, and if you're familiar with IRC there are a number of methods to access it, but I'm just going to cover the easiest possible method. If you want to use mIRC or chatzilla (my personal preferred method) or trillian, etc. instead then I'll leave it up to you to figure out how to use them.

Just a friendly reminder: the same rules that exist here on the forums also apply to the chat room, and we reserve the right to kick and/or ban you from the chat room if those rules aren't followed.

Anyways, to access the chat room with this method, just follow this link http://qchat.rizon.net/?&channels=%23OTI and once there, put in a nickname (preferably the same one you use here on OTI so we can easily identify you, however if the nickname you select is already registered by someone else then just use something similar) and hit the connect button. Bam, you're in the chat room.

Note: Occasionally with this method you may randomly get disconnected from the chat room without realizing it's happened, so while it's the easiest method it's not necessarily the best IMO. To tell if you've been randomly disconnected (aka ping time out), just try saying something, and if it doesn't appear in the chat room, refresh the page and reconnect to the chat room.

If you're going to use an alternative method, then just know that the server is irc.rizon.net and the channel name is #OTI

You can also refer to these web pages to learn some basic commands that can be used in IRC.

http://www.ircbeginner.com/ircinfo/ircc-commands.html
http://www.rizon.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?18-How-to-Register-my-Nickname&postcount=1

Alright, that should about cover it. If you've got any questions, feel free to ask them here.

Snake
Member Avatar
Brotha! We have the same jeans!
This is the official IRC chat room for OTI, so definitely use this when you just want to shoot the breeze. It is real time chat like the Shoutbox, but no refreshing and much more accessible.

Hope everybody enjoys it. :D

Quantom X
Member Avatar
got game?

I'm on now.

Bill
Member Avatar
11 Bang Bang

Fuckin jip! They kicked chuck norris and clint eastwood....theyre mad with power!

Snake
Member Avatar
Bill
Nov 4 2010, 10:09 PM
Fuckin jip! They kicked chuck norris and clint eastwood....theyre mad with power!
Awwwwww yeah.

Quantom X
Member Avatar
got game?

Snake! Would you please quit freakin' doing that!

Bill
Member Avatar
11 Bang Bang

Next thing you know they'll kick Mr. Rogers, and nobody fucks with Mr. Rogers.

Snake
Member Avatar
We won't kick Mr. Rodgers. We promise.

Everybody else is fair game.

Quantom X
Member Avatar
got game?

Chaos
Nov 4 2010, 10:13 PM
We won't kick Mr. Rodgers. We promise.

Oh really now?

Bill
Member Avatar
11 Bang Bang

hehe duly noted.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Announcements · Next Topic »
  • Pages: